Narva Art Residency NART is looking for an education specialist to develop a programme of activities for schools, adult groups and exhibition visitors. This is a fresh direction for NART, which we can build up with a new person. The educational activities will draw on the existing exhibition programme, the work of the artists and the historic building itself. Supported by the British Council’s P2P programme, the project will run until the end of 2023, but the aim is to find ways to continue working long-term.
We are looking for a part-time colleague who will be involved in strategy development, and brainstorming and who will be at the heart of the implementation process, leading tours and creative workshops. He/she will be responsible for developing, leading and launching the education programme. An important part of the job will be communication, creating ties with schools and teachers, and hosting school groups, including giving creative workshops. The specialist will also be responsible for finding long-term funding for the continuation of education activities. These things can be done by one person, but it can also be a small team. Candidates should indicate the role or roles in which they see themselves.
The best candidate:
– is interested in linking arts, culture and education.
– has a background and/or experience in education.
– speaks and writes Russian and communicates in Estonian and English.
– is a very good communicator and able to manage groups of different ages, including groups of children.
– is eager to learn, he/she is cooperative, resourceful, conscientious, capable and positive.
– has experience in writing funding applications
– lives in Narva or is willing to visit Narva regularly
– Varied work and an environment where three languages are spoken daily, and where there are always new international artists. Read more about the Narva art residency here.
– a small team of colleagues of NART (director, coordinator, assistant)
– the opportunity to work in a historic residency building in the Kreenholm area.
– Independence in the execution of your duties, responsibility for the development and results of the education activitites
– flexible working hours.
We hope that the candidate can start as soon as possible. The type of job and contract will be agreed upon with the successful candidate. The job will be part-time. The deadline for applications is 20.04.2023. To apply, please send a letter of motivation (0.5 pages), a vision of education activities in NART (0.5 pages) and a CV in one file – https://forms.gle/GzcmHUf37HvRutMy9. Potential candidates will be contacted.
Narva Art Residency assistant