The new coordinator will be based at the international art residency, located in the historic Kreenholm area in Narva. NART functions as a cross-disciplinary creative residency, a contemporary art exhibition space as well as an educational platform. The coordinator will join a small team of people who run NART. The residency is managed by the Estonian Academy of Arts in cooperation with Narva Gate and supported by the Estonian Ministry of Culture.
We are looking for a conscientious person to join our team, whose main tasks will be to coordinate and organize the work related to the building and activities of the residency. The coordinator is not afraid to lend a hand. He/she will organize events and ensure that they run smoothly. The coordinator will support the artist-in-residence and, if necessary, act as a tour guide, i.e. feel comfortable speaking in front of the group. He or she is able to supervise the work of others, for example coordinating volunteers. The post is for a 0.75 workload.
– is fluent in written and spoken Russian and English, and communicates also in Estonian.
– has excellent communication skills, including the ability to speak in front of people and translate on the spot.
– is able to learn, is cooperative, resourceful, conscientious, capable, and positive.
– has the ability to create and maintain order, including NART inventory and office equipment.
– can carry out simple household chores and find people to do other jobs, including repairs, maintenance, installation, etc.
– is willing to work in Narva
– has a driving license
– interesting work and an environment where three languages are spoken daily, and where there are always new international artists around;
– trusted colleagues in the form of a director and an assistant;
– the opportunity to work in a historic villa in the Kreenholm area;
– flexible working hours;
– a gross salary of EUR 800 per month for a 0.75 workload position.
– Starting date is as soon as possible.
– Type of job: open-ended contract, 0.75 workload.
– Deadline for applications: 20.04.2023.
– To apply, please send a letter of motivation (max 1 page) and a CV – https://forms.gle/hAhfzrz7dg9uG7cw8
– Potential candidates will be invited to a second round, which will take the form of an interview and/or a test task.